Friday, July 6, 2012

Hippie-Inspired Chocolates


Hello!

This is my first-ever post, and I hope it goes well. (Let's see how this thing works.)

I intend for this blog to be an avenue to share creations, some of which are my own, others, probably just "stolen" from/inspired by other peoples' ideas. :)  A “creation” can be anything from a craft project to a written song. Let’s create!

Anyway. I held some sort of celebration last Saturday for my 24th birthday, and since I love giveaways I decided to hand out chocolates instead of knick-knacks. I combined the theme (hippie) with my, ahem, personality. Read: Sweet. *cough cough . :p

Since I am on a pathetically tight budget, I did what most smart yet bordering-on-poor people would do: RECYCLE. I was glad to see heaps of chocolate in the fridge in my parents' house, which were given by a family friend from Holland. Lovely. Nobody was eating them, so I had the liberty to tear off the beautiful packaging and replace them with something far less beautiful, yet equally interesting I guess.

Here's how I did it:



Gather the Chocolates. The wrapper designs are so lovely that I think I'll be using them for a future creation.




Carefully tear off the wrapper. I had to eat quite a handful of them because I wasn't able to tear off the wrapper properly. Not that I'm complaining :)



Trace the wrapper on a crazily-painted/dyed sheet of paper.  For this paper I simply splashed 2 colors of dye all over a sheet of pattern paper. You can also use watercolor or any type of coloring media. The trick is to just make it appear crazy and psychedelic.


Cut! No need to be perfect and use a goody goody ruler, darling.


Wrap and seal! It's better to use gluestick for this, but in my case we didn't have one at home. Better yet, you can use double-sided tape. Glue can be toxic, you know. Kidding.

Leave a mark. I wrote a good old 'thank you' on the wrapper, but you can be more creative and think of other things to write/draw/stick on it.


Present it. 

Serve it! Enjoy!


♫♪,
Ivee  





2 comments: